Thursday, September 24, 2015

5 Minute Spanish Rice


I am gradually perfecting mid-week meal cooking to a quick 5 minute job that I can walk away from and only come back when the timer buzzes to say it is ready.  Here is my 5 minute prep spanish rice. When I say Spanish, I mean it is sort of my take on a paella, you could add chicken if you are into that.  This recipe is also preservative free, artificial additive free and sugar free.



Ingredients:

1/2 Butternut pumpkin
1 Chorizo sausage
2 teaspoons of paprika
2 teaspoons of cumin
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 veg or chicken stock cube (or equivalent)
3 cups of water
1 brown or red onion
1.5 cups of basmati rice
1 spring onion (optional)
parsley to garnish
1/2 cup of peas
Broccolini to serve on the side


Method;

Step 1: Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius, cut up pumpkin, chorizo and onion, place on tray and bake for 20 minutes.

Step 2: While this is happening, add the rice, stock, paprika, cumin, turmeric and water to your rice cooker and turn it on.

Step 3: Add Broccolini and peas to the steamer that sits on top of your rice cooker, this will cook while the rice cooks.

Step 4: When the rice cooker is done, the veg in the oven will be done, mix it all together, garnish with parsley and spring onion.  I served my brocccolini on the side because it is easier to eat. Done!

This whole dish takes about 15-20 minutes to cook by itself once you have added everything to the rice cooker and oven, easy!






No comments:

Post a Comment