Monday, September 21, 2015

Yummy Easy Dessert - No refined Sugar!





After I had put my son to bed last night I noticed that half of the pear that I had peeled and cut up for him was still left on the table.  After driving all of the way to the farmers market and searching diligently for my locally sourced, organically grown pears, I did't want to waste it.

As I already had the oven on baking the bread, I thought I would throw together a quick dessert.  So here is the recipe, for one.

Ingredients
Half of a peeled pear cut into small (1cm) pieces
2 teaspoons of water
2 teaspoons of plain flour (wholemeal or white)
2 teaspoons of butter (unsalted)
2 tablespoons of muesli (or plain oats)

Method
Pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius
Place the pealed and diced pear into a teacup
In a separate bowl, rub the butter into the flour until it is like breadcrumbs
Mix in the muesli or oats
Place the mix on top of the fruit
Place in the oven for 15 minutes or until brown on top

NOTE: That blob on the top was a small piece of dark chocolate i had started to eat but didn't finish. That's the only bit of added sugar, omit this and you omit the added sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment